Wednesday challenge - Elmer
Let's brighten up our world with a rainbow Elmer. You could draw it, paint it, collage it, make a milk bottle Elmer. Email photographs of your entries to Mrs McKinney through your year group email address or tweet your picture @StAlbans_Sch
For the milk carton Elmer
- Empty plastic milk bottle containers
- PVA glue
- paint brush
- brightly coloured tissue paper, sweet wrappers etc.
- googly eyes
- Cut around the bottom of the milk bottle handle and continue around the bottle to create Elmers legs and trunk and begin covering the surface with pva glue.
- Stick tissue paper squares all over the “elephant” until he is completely covered. You could use sweet wrappers, newspaper, magazines, music manuscript anything you like, you can create your elephant.
- Once you have covered your elephant give it a coat of PVA to keep the paper nice and smooth and make it a little waterproof. Then you can add goodly eyes and draw or stick on ears and a tail.
Stay safe and take care
Weekly Wednesday Challenge!
I hope you are all safe and well and keeping your adults indoors!
We have had an extraordinary visitor in school...A TIGER!
Your challenge is to create a piece of writing about our visitor.
- A letter to the Tiger - Why is he here? Who is he looking for? Where is he from? Ask him your questions...Who knows he may write back?
- A story about his adventures in Kings Heath
Take care, stay safe